Selling your home
“Your home is worth what someone is willing to pay for it” Our goal is to apply our knowledge and expertise to sell your home for the highest price possible in the shortest amount of time and with the least amount of stress and inconvenience. The moment you ok our listing agreement, we take action to make sure that your home is exposed to the market, locally and globally. From creatively designing, writing and scheduling advertisements, to executing promotional strategies, your property’s exposure is 7/24 with the sole purpose of generating maximum buyer interest. We leverage advertising utilizing media and promotional strategies specifically designed for your property.
A quick summary
- Provide factual information and guidance to assist you in understanding the local real estate market and its impact on values.
- This includes the latest information on financing, housing inventories, economic indicators, zoning bylaws and proposed changes within the community.
- Provide the opportunity for an informed decision to be made with regards to market accurate competitive pricing
- Let you know in advance where you stand when the dust settles with regards to legal costs, mortgage fees, taxes, commission fees and more
- Set the stage for bringing your house to market
- Create and implement a specific and effective marketing plan to maximize results and value
- Negotiate on your behalf the best results possible with regards to timing and price.
- Remove the stress wherever and whenever possible as selling in today’s marketplace can be complicated.
- Guidance through the pre-closing and closing process. Yes, we are there with you from start to finish.
Click on the menu above for tips on selling your home starting with Pricing and Making your home Look its Best.
Pricing your home
PRICE is your most important sales tool.
The optimum price is generally achieved within the first three to four weeks of listing your home, because buyers and agents are always on the lookout for new inventory. You will attract the most buyers’ right up front if your home is initially priced right.
To accurately price your home for sale, these are some of the things to take into account:
- Your home’s age & condition
- Whether it needs updating, and to what extent
- The price similar homes in your area have sold for
- The increase or decrease in value of other homes in your area
- The number of other homes in your area for sale
Making Your Home Look Its Best
Here are some suggestions to improve the overall look of your home when putting it on the market:
- Paint the trim
- Clip the hedges
- Mow, edge, and weed the lawn
- Wash the front door, polish the “brass” and clean the outdoor lighting
- Set out a new doormat
- Clean windows and screens, check and replace or repair as needed as it reinforces ownership values
- Lighten the dark corners or add some fresh paint where necessary
- Clear away the clutter to give the rooms an open feeling.
- Remove excess furniture
- Tend to the little things: squeaky doors, loose fittings, and damaged floor tiles
- Wash the windows
- Make your kitchen and bathrooms surfaces gleam
- Watch for “stale” odours, particularly in remote areas such as a basement or attic.
- Consider the services of a Home Stager
Marketing Your Home
The services of a real estate professional are necessary to put forth a successful marketing campaign to get your unique home out there in front of a buyer. LINDSAY & ASSOCIATES will organize MLS, print and all other media advertising, professional photography, floor plans, brochures and flyers, networking, agent tours, targeted direct mail, yard signs, interactive cell phone information, open houses, and the extensive Internet connectivity. Thousands of successful sales have been achieved through all of these elements working together.
When a prospective buyer makes you an offer, you generally have three options: accept, reject or counter. All strategies need to be reviewed very carefully. You need to look at the subjects involved, the time frames involving subject removal, dates of closing, deposit held in trust and of course inclusions in the sale. There is much more than just the price to consider. This is one of the areas where the advice, experience and knowledge of LINDSAY & ASSOCIATES can really make a difference.